[ros-users] sensor origin

safdar_zaman safdaraslam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 11:08:05 UTC 2010

Hi Enea,
FOR LOCALIZATION:
Everything roscore,RosAria,sicklms,map_server,amcl is running. When I
visualize all the frames (/TF) in rviz.
I get /map,/odom,/base_link,/base_footprint,/laser frames with Green&Red
Axes  become visible in rviz. When I sett the pose using 2D Pose Estimate
button on rviz, then /base_link,/base_footprint and /laser altogether appear
on that place where I click on the Map in rviz. When using my own teleop,
when I move my Real Robot (poineer P3-DX) only 3 frames
/base_link,/base_footprint and /laser move together but /odom remains
stationary on one place and /map on other place also stationary.
When I set new pose then I get message on amcl that:

[ WARN] [1283251862.553893140]: Failed to transform initial pose in time
(You requested a transform that is 0.056 miliseconds in the past,
but the most recent transform in the tf buffer is 94.754 miliseconds old.
 When trying to transform between /map and /base_link.
)
[ INFO] [1283251862.553968080]: Setting pose (1283251862.553951): -0.009
1.025 0.000

I keep /map as fixed frame and /base_link as target frame in rviz.
And when I use [$rostopic echo /particlecloud ] then it shows :
    position:
      x: -0.730530004396
      y: 0.905526207459
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: 0.025700167132
      w: 0.999669696154
  -
    position:
      x: 1.10982407143
      y: 2.40401453285
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: -0.135352224345
      w: 0.990797545094
  -
    position:
      x: 0.185096760125
      y: 1.23047008188
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: -0.0891290537199
      w: 0.996020086034
  -
    position:
      x: -0.527769595281
      y: 1.70385052902
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: 0.123256394226
      w: 0.992374859255
  -
    position:
      x: 0.973691875732
      y: 1.29463736432
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: -0.0378748776975
      w: 0.999282489409
  -
    position:
      x: 0.634685934566
      y: 2.19892468213
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: -0.0567900777579
      w: 0.998386141264
  -
    position:
      x: 1.12636982563
      y: 2.32717360333
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: -0.141119379268
      w: 0.989992586232
  -
    position:
      x: 0.42018547119
      y: 1.85869483627
      z: 0.0
    orientation:
      x: 0.0
      y: 0.0
      z: 0.0555123044397
      w: 0.998458003151

and I dont know how to be sure from this data that my localization is fine.

FOR Path_Planning:
And when I use base_move.launch for path planning:
I always receive the message:
Costmap2DROS transform timeout:...

I dont know where is the problem and how to deal with that :-(
Need your help.
regards,