[ros-users] amd64 debian rosinstall error: No module named rosinstall.helpers

Mark Worsdall code.ros.org at wizdom.org.uk
Tue Aug 31 22:47:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

I know debian is not supported but with this lists help I got it running
on my p4 3GHz, 32bit debian box.

Unfortuntely it was not beefy enough to run the Shadow Robot Arm gazebo
simulation. This has forced me to move up my migration to my other box,
a Debian AMD64 job. Again testing

So using my previous knowledge and knowing easy_install wont work I did
the following, but get the error when running rosinstall:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bzr build-essential python-yaml cmake \
                      subversion wget python-setuptools
~/rosinstall ~/ros http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_pr2all.rosinstall

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/mark/rosinstall", line 27, in <module>
     import rosinstall.helpers
ImportError: No module named rosinstall.helpers

Any ideas?

--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??