[ros-users] Navigation with existing localization

Peshala Jayasekara peshala_24 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 06:33:53 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I want to move a Pioneer2Dx using the ROS navigation stack in a desired path
(eg. say a circle)
However, we already have an accurate ultrasonic localization system.

Can someone give an idea how I would use the nodes of navigation stack (without
using the amcl  for laser based localization).
- which nodes should I be using?
- I think I can avoid obstacles using only the sonar sensors of the robot
- I should combine the odometry with the external localization input

I managed to keyboard-teleop the Pioneer using p2os stack and it works fine.

Need some help on this.

Thank in advance
Peshala