[ros-users] Special "Happy Birthday Bastian!" Edition 0.6 of PCL! Now with (99%) Windows support

Stefan Holzer holzers at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 1 22:14:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

We've been working very hard to get PCL to work in Windows for the past few
days and we are happy to announce the release of PCL 0.6! Because one of our
friends and colleagues is turning 30 tomorrow, we decided to dedicate this
release to him. Happy Birthday Bastian!

The 0.6 release brings:
- preliminary Windows support
- FLANN 1.6.2
- Cminpack 1.1.0
- portability fixes for MacOS
- functionality patches and bug-fixes

See the complete change-list at www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl/ChangeList

Thanks to all the contributors!

With this release, the core PCL libraries (dependencies and ROS wrappers)
moved to the perception_pcl stack (http://www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl),
while the visualization tools and tutorials moved to the
perception_pcl_addons stack (http://www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl_addons).
No further development of PCL will be done in the old point_cloud_perception
stack.

PS. Remember to bookmark http://www.pointclouds.org :)

Cheers,
Stefan