[ros-users] ar_pose basic questions

Prasad Dixit abhimohpra at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 06:49:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to run ar_pose node using my webcam logitech pro 9000. I am
using only single webcam for pattern detection.

According to the wiki page documentation it subscribes /usb_cam/image_raw
(sensor_msgs/Image) and
(/usb_cam/camera_info)

but when i saw the documentation for "usb_cam bosch drivers" it is
publishing /usb_cam/image topic.

I tried to republish it using republish raw in:=usb_cam/Image
out:=usb_cam/image_raw from image_transport node, which has got publish but
ar_pose seems not subscribing/usb_cam/image_raw topic.

Also, i get continuous stream of messages  like below:
[swscaler @ 0x87c9be0]No accelerated colorspace conversion found.

I could not find much about it but saw some conversion related to it in file
usb_cam_node.cpp line 91 and onwards

   usb_cam_pixel_format pixel_format;
    if(pixel_format_name_ == "yuyv")
      pixel_format = PIXEL_FORMAT_YUYV;
    else if(pixel_format_name_ == "uyvy")
      pixel_format = PIXEL_FORMAT_UYVY;
    else if(pixel_format_name_ == "mjpeg") {
      pixel_format = PIXEL_FORMAT_MJPEG;

So, i have questions like,
1. How can i publish usb_cam/image_raw topic?
2. How can i rid off those warnings/ errors? Is FFMPEG creating some problem
in my case?
3. It is not opening my camera in any viewer in spite of detecting it. I
tried to open it using brown gscam package and image_viewer which is working
fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Prasad