[ros-users] Kinect, trying to tilt

cmuell2s christian.mueller at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Dec 8 14:43:29 UTC 2010

Hello everybody,

I am using ros under ubuntu and I am working with the kinect node. I am
trying to tilt down the kinect. I coudnt find this functionality in the
node -- maybe I have overlooked it?! But in the kinect.cfg I found some
parameters related to this issue:

gen.add("tilt", double_t, 0, "Control the tilt motor, degrees", 0.0,
-31, 31)

I tried to change the parameters 0.0, -31 and 31; compiled and restarted
the node. It didnt affect the kinect tilt angle.

Any suggestions? I am glad for any small hint.

Thanks a lot in advanced.

  Cheers,

    Christian