[ros-users] Neato XV-11 Drivers and SUNY Albany ILS Social Robotics Lab Repository

Michael Ferguson mfergs7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:52:26 UTC 2010

All,

I would like to announce the availability of a simple driver for the Neato
Robotics XV-11 for ROS. The neato_robot stack contains a neato_driver
(generic python based driver) and neato_node package. The neato_node
subscribes to a standard cmd_vel (geometry_msgs/Twist) topic to control the
base, and publishes laser scans from the robot, as well as odometry. The
neato_slam package contains our current move_base launch and configuration
files (still needs some work).

I've uploaded two videos thus far showing the Neato:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJVEFlbuFO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwwssBjg6M

I also have to announce our repository, since we've never officially done
that: http://albany-ros-pkg.googlecode.com

I hope to have documentation for this new stack on the ROS wiki later
today/tonight.

Mike Ferguson
ILS Social Robotics Lab
SUNY Albany