[ros-users] roslua: examples publisher subscriber

Christian Mock christian.mock.chrimo at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 23 11:38:46 UTC 2010

Hi Tim,

I've installed last version of roslua last night from git and had no success
;-(
roslua throws an error and wants lua-xmlrpc > 1.2

Do I need to compile anything from scratch ?
Ubuntu Lucid has an older version only...

I've found more code from you at github... what about his lua-xmlrpc ?
Isn't it possible that you include all patches or own version to roslua ?
Same thing with behavior_engine... please allpy all patches like xavante
httpd.lua
to your package...

All this will make your excelent work easier to use for beginners :-D

Happy Xmas
Cheers
Christian

2010/10/18 Tim Niemueller <niemueller at kbsg.rwth-aachen.de>

> On 05.10.2010 13:06, Christian Mock wrote:
> > Hello Community,
> >
> > is anyone using roslua ?
>
> Yes :-)
>
> > Why is the URI http://ros:0 ??? Wrong !!!
>
> You need to apply the Xavante patch from the patches directory. The
> patch has been accepted upstream, but no release has been made
> incorporating that patch. It's explained in the README file. I will add
> a small roslua patch that will check if the patch has been applied and
> will give a useful error if it has not.
>
>        Tim
>
> --
> AllemaniACs RoboCup Team            KBSG - Knowledge-Based Systems Group

Chrimo Private Google Mail Account