[ros-users] Firewire camera synchronization

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 1 21:55:01 UTC 2010

>> As ticket #4217 said, one good option would be to create a stereo
>> version of the driver, which could publish both images with the same
>> time stamp. This could be done in time for Diamondback, if there's a
>> consensus that it's needed. I don't mind doing the work, though I'd
>> need to borrow or acquire a suitable pair of stereo cameras for
>> testing.
>
> That would be great. I would definitively test and give feedback about that.

I think it would make more sense to volunteer to improve the
stereo_image_proc node, rather than putting that change into the
camera driver. It may be too late to add that to stereo_image_proc,
unfortunately. Though I would argue that adding a parameter won't
break anything downstream of image_pipeline.