[ros-users] navfn allow_unknown

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:20:36 UTC 2010

So, you had to make all the unknown space (-1) in the map free space (0) to
get the planner to plan through it?

That seems like a really hacky thing to do - free space != unknown space
when dealing with a map, even if it is when doing planning in that map. For
example, if I recall correctly, the models AMCL uses treat a scan that falls
in unknown space differently than a scan that falls in free space (or at
least, I could see it making sense to do so). I wouldn't want to have to map
with the parameter set to one value then plan with another value.

- Eric