[ros-users] Simulating multiple laser scanners in Stage

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 23:24:37 UTC 2010

Hi Zac,

Sorry for the delay, took more time than I expected. Anyways I tested
everything, I think the topics and frame_ids are all fine, should be good to
work!

If you notice anything wrong let me know, I should now clean up the code and
re-submit my patch :D I'll wait for some news from you first though, to make
sure everything's ok this time!

To run this version of stage just unzip the stack, place it under your ros
stack path and do:

$ rospack find new_stage
$ rosmake new_stage
$ roscore

On a new terminal window/tab:

$ roscd new_stage
$ rosrun new_stage newstageros world/willow-roomba_ranger_laser.world

This world file has 2 robots on the willow map, one with an array of sonars
and another one with 2 lasers.

I changed the names of the stack, pkg etc etc so there's no trouble with the
installed version of simulator_stage. Also I added the Range msgs to that
stage pkg just for testing since it isen't part of sensor_msgs yet.

Hope this helps,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - University of Coimbra
Portugal