[ros-users] Does arm IK give link or joint coordinates?

Patrick Goebel patrick at casbs.stanford.edu
Sat Dec 4 14:12:41 UTC 2010

OK, I think I have answered my own question and sorry for making a mess
of the original question.  The question should have simply been: does
the *forward* kinematics solver map joint positions to poses of the
joints or the links?  Since the origins of joints and links need not
coincide, I thought it could be one or the other.

Further experimentation seems to prove that the poses computed by get_fk
are for the joints, not the links, although both the documentation and
the output from get_fk use the word "Link" to label the computed poses.

Do I have this correct?

Thanks!
patrick