[ros-users] rospack find quiet ?

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Dec 6 16:33:03 UTC 2010

FYI: you can use the roslib.packages API instead, which doesn't call
rospack directly (unless there is no cache).  roslib.rospack is a
direct, popen API on top of rospack.  roslib.packages is basically a
rospack implementation, though it leverages the underlying rospack
cache and falls back on rospack if not available.  We use
roslib.packages for Python tools like rosmake, which do many
rospack-like queries.

 - Ken