[ros-users] using ROS_BUILD_TEST_LABEL with Hudson?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Mon Dec 6 16:55:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a follow-up, I'd also like to build some integration tests that
> demonstrate the camera working with various image pipeline features,
> such as rectification and Bayer decoding. But, camera1394 does not
> (and should not) have a build dependency on image_pipeline.
>
> The obvious solution is a separate camera integration test stack.
>
> Does one already exist?
>
>  If so, is it OK to add some camera1394 tests to it?
>
>  If not, is it OK to create one? Where in SVN should that go?

hi Jack,

To address the problem of unwanted dependencies from testing, we've
taken to creating separate test packages (e.g., `test_rospack` has the
tests for `rospack`).  That solves things at a package level [*].  But
you still need somewhere to put, e.g., the `test_camera1394` package.
If it goes in the `camera_drivers` stack, then the stack still has the
test-induced dependencies.  This may or may not be acceptable.  If
it's not, you could create a separate stack to contain the tests; I
don't believe that we've done that yet.

	brian.

[*] There's been some debate as to whether creating `test_foo` for
each package `foo` is a reasonable way of doing things.  The argument
has been made that, instead of potentially doubling the number of
packages, we should provide better mechanisms for allowing tests to
live in the package being tested without exposing unwanted
dependencies.