[ros-users] Does arm IK give link or joint coordinates?

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 20:35:39 UTC 2010

The forward kinematics solver does solve for the link positions. If you take
a look at the service definition,
http://www.ros.org/doc/api/kinematics_msgs/html/srv/GetPositionFK.html
 <http://www.ros.org/doc/api/kinematics_msgs/html/srv/GetPositionFK.html>it
takes in an array of link names and a joint state, and outputs an array of
poses for the links you specified.

Thinking about it more, since the origin of the link is defined to be the
origin for the joint, I could see how you could see the FK as solving for
the joint "poses".

If that doesn't help, can you send out your URDF and the data you are
sending to the get_fk service?

-David!!