[ros-users] ogre not installing properly, missing libraries

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 8 16:13:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:30 AM, Chris Brown <chrisneilbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> the log file

hi Chris,

Looking at your build log, the libraries are being installed, e.g.:

-- Installing: /home/chris/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL.so
-- Removed runtime path from
"/home/chris/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL.so"

-- Installing: /home/chris/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so
-- Removed runtime path from
"/home/chris/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so"

They are put into <ogre>/ogre/lib/OGRE (where <ogre> is the location
of the ogre ROS package, i.e., `rospack find ogre`).  From your
earlier mail, you're putting them into <ogre>/ogre/lib, one level
higher.

This is first time I've heard of this problem.  Lots of people are
using rviz without having to manually copy OGRE's libs around.  What
flavor of Linux are you using?  Anything unusual about your system?

	brian.