[ros-users] controllers for car-like robots

DRamachandran at hra.com DRamachandran at hra.com
Thu Dec 9 22:53:40 UTC 2010

Brian,

 A question about LAGR. In the TR paper referenced in the ROS docs, you
say in the intro that the controller accounts for the non-zero turning
radius of the robot. However in the control section you mention that it
samples trajectories with pure theta-dot as well, but this should not be
possible with non-zero turning radius?

~Deepak

Brian Gerkey <gerkey at willowgarage.com>
Sent by: ros-users-bounces at code.ros.org
12/09/2010 12:47 PM
Please respond to
User discussions <ros-users at code.ros.org>

User discussions <ros-users at code.ros.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [ros-users] controllers for car-like robots

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM, <DRamachandran at hra.com> wrote:
> What we are looking at is something along the lines of LAGR, but in much
more constrained spaces (indoor).  I think I will start by modifying DWA.
That might be of most use to the ROS community as well.

FWIW, the Trajectory Rollout mode of base_local_planner (set ~dwa to
False) implements an algorithm that we developed some years ago
precisely for the LAGR robot.  It (our earlier implementation, not the
one in base_local_planner) worked very well on that vehicle.

                 brian.