[ros-users] Kinect and Navigation Stack

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Fri Dec 10 18:19:53 UTC 2010

Johannes,

A few things. First, you'll need to make sure that you convert the
PoinCloud2 published by the Kinect driver to a PointCloud since the costmap
doesn't have support for the PointCloud2 type yet. You'll also probably want
to downsample the cloud from the kinect using something like the VoxelGrid
PCL filter because the costmap can't handle the number of points coming in
from the Kinect. Also, you're pushing your parameters into the wrong
namespace for the costmap_node, it should be "costmap" instead of
"global_costmap" if you want your configuration to be read successfully.

Hope this helps,

Eitan