[ros-users] How to use GazeboRosBlockLaser

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Tue Dec 14 08:40:29 UTC 2010

The plugin broadcasts a sensor_msgs/PointCloud message under <topicName>
specified in your sensor definition XML block.  For starters, you can check
to see if the topic is being published by using the
rostopic<http://ros.org/wiki/rostopic>tool.  You can also view the
point cloud using
rviz <http://ros.rog/wiki/rviz> if things are setup correctly.
If things are not working as expected, can you post your model file?
John