[ros-users] University of Ulster ISRC Repo

Patrick Bouffard bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 14 17:35:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Chris Burbridge <cburbridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> and the Vicon API, but I have never tried the Vicon API. Is it available for
> all Vicon customers, or only new customers?

I'm not sure, do you have a login on their site? I was able to
download it from there. You might need to have a current support
contract though. I don't recall seeing any licensing info in the SDK
so I'm not sure if it's redistributable.

> One thing to note is that my code needs slight alteration before it will
> work on 64 bit systems, we all use 32 bit here. A simple change to the
> sizeof().

Good to know. Actually for the moment the SDK is only 32-bit as well.
Vicon has told me they are working on a 64-bit version.

> Collaboration is always good. If you want to change anything in my driver,
> feel free to send me a patch, and if at any point we need a more complete
> vicon publishing node then I'd be very much keen to work together on it.

Sounds good. When I get around to adding some documentation to my
package, I'll point to your package for anyone who's looking for the
actual marker positions and/or doesn't want to use the SDK.

Cheers,
Pat