[ros-users] vSLAM demo?

papadakis papadakis at dis.uniroma1.it
Thu Dec 16 13:53:46 UTC 2010

Dear Thomas, thank you for the reply.

Well yes, if we had hardware synchronization that wouldn't be a problem, but
we don't :))) the question is not actually how to fool the system so that
the frames have identical timestamps, but how we could somehow synchronize
the 2 processes so that they can perform as closely as possible to hardware
synchronization. Right now, we are also fooling the system :P but we cannot
rely on such a solution if we want to hope for vslam to work properly...
What if there was a single driver (1 process) that would open both 1394
cameras and execute the capturing of the 2 frames as 2 sequential commands,
one after the other? i think that is what is really missing here..