[ros-users] scan in amcl

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 22 16:16:16 UTC 2010

Eunchul,

In order for AMCL to work properly, there are a few requirements:

1) You'll need an odometry source that publishes information to tf
2) You need a node for a laser that publishes information on the "scan"
topic
3) You need a map_server node that gives AMCL a map to localize against

The following tutorial describes how to set much of this up. If you just
want AMCL you'll only want to do the Transform Configuration, Odometry
Information, Sensor Information, and Mapping parts of the tutorial.

http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/RobotSetup

Hope all is well,

Eitan