[ros-users] Is there a way to use ROS on debian systems ?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Tue Dec 28 17:15:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Willy Lambert <lambert.willy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have I a way to change the detected version into squeeze/sid instead of
> squeeze ? Because it's going to be a bit boring to change all manifest from
> all stacks ! I by pitty I had to, should I send patches (and how) ?

An earlier version of rosdep allowed the user to override the detected
OS with an environment variable.  Looks like adding it back into
roslib is ticketed: https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2814 .

In the meantime, you could hack roslib (src/roslib/os_detect.py is
where I would start) to return a different value for your platform.

	brian.