[ros-users] cv_bridge tutorial

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 06:51:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Homer Manalo
<homer.manalo at roboteknik.com>wrote:

> I've got it working now by replacing the "image_topic" with
> "/gscam/image_raw" in this line:
>
> image_sub_ = it_.subscribe("/gscam/image_raw", 1,
> &ImageConverter::imageCallback, this);
>
> Still, I want to know how to make it work without this modification.

Are you familiar with topic remapping (
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Remapping%20Arguments)? It would allow you to run
your converter node (without the above change) like so:

rosrun image_converter_pkg_name image_converter
image_topic:=/gscam/image_raw

You would obviously need to use the correct package and executable names,
but the bit following the executable name is the topic remapping magic.

On a separate note, did you go through all of the ROS tutorials at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/ ? I would expect remapping to be
introduced somewhere in them.

- Eric