[ros-users] [PCL-users] PCL 0.7 Released!

Patrick Bouffard bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 31 03:28:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Radu Bogdan Rusu
<rusu at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> One of the first things that we need to deprecate is the pcl_ros::Publisher/Subscriber. Thanks to Patrick's amazing
> work, we now have the possibility to reuse the ros::Publisher/Subscriber for pcl::PointCloud<T> datasets. This means:
>  * within the same process, we will just copy the pcl::PointCloud<T>::ConstPtr
>  * between different processes, we will send the pcl::PointCloud<T>::ConstPtr, but with the same MD5 sum as
> sensor_msgs::PointCloud2 + extra logic, which means all sensor_msgs/PointCloud2 consumers will be able to consume
> pcl::PointCloud<T> directly

Should I be able to then use pcl::PointCloud<T> as a message type for
a message_filters::Subscriber as well? If so is there code anywhere
where this is used with an ExactTime synchronizer that I could look at
as an example? I see that, e.g., pcl::fromROSMsg is still used in
sac_segmentation.cpp in pcl_ros.

Thanks,
Pat