[ros-users] dependents

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 03:09:05 UTC 2010

On 30 June 2010 21:32, Mark Worsdall <code.ros.org at wizdom.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Tully,
>
> After confirmation that I had the right boost and log4cxx already
> installed I then changed squeeze/sid to squeeze in file ros/rosdep.yaml
>
> This indeed worked (made me happy - dont take much).
>
> So did:
> rosmake --rosdep-install --rosdep-yes
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ros/ros/stacks/geometry/tf/build'
> Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libtf.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lBulletDynamics
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The BulletDynamics library is exported from the ros bullet package
(geometry/bullet). Are you sure that got built correctly?

Regards,
Daniel Stonier.

> with my newly acquired knowledge ;-) looking at
> stack/geometry/rosdep.yaml:
> glut:
>  ubuntu: libglut3-dev
>  debian: libglut3-dev
>  fedora: freeglut-devel
>  arch: freeglut
>  gentoo: freeglut
> python-sip4:
>  ubuntu: python-sip4-dev sip4
>  debian: python-sip4-dev sip4
>  macports: py25-sip
>  gentoo: dev-python/sip
>  arch: sip
>
> I was able to check they are present and they were.
>
> Any other things I can check?
>

> In message
> <AANLkTinssY1O1AThQSqxF5zbqwstrqHpCf2wL24IZU4Z at mail.gmail.com>, Tully
> Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com> writes
>>Mark,
>>This is saying that it can't find a definition for log4cxx and boost on
>>squeeze.  squeeze is unrelease and thus not weel supported.  If you
>>change the lines in ros/rosdep.yaml to squeeze from squeeze/sid it
>>shoudl work for you.  Or if you have manually installed boost and
>>log4cxx you don't need to use rosdep to install them.  Rosdep will not
>>detect them unless you change the names above.
>>
>>Tully
>>
>>On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Mark Worsdall <code.ros.org@
>>wizdom.org.uk> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  For any package where does one look to see what external packages
>>  are
>>  needed for any ros thingy.
>>
>>  I thought I had sorted the boost and log4cxx but obviously not.
>>
>>  rosdep install roscpp
>>  Failed to find rosdep boost for package roscpp on OS:debian
>>  version:squeeze
>>  Failed to find rosdep log4cxx for package roscpp on OS:debian
>>  version:squeeze
>>  ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'boost', u'log4cxx'] could not be
>>  resolved
>>

>>  So I am manually installing anything that needs installing but the
>>  boost
>>  and log4cxx have me completely at a loss.
>>
>>  M.
>>
>>  --
>>  Mark Worsdall
>>  http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??
>>

>>--
>>Tully Foote
>>Systems Engineer
>>Willow Garage, Inc.
>>tfoote at willowgarage.com
>>(650) 475-2827

> Mark Worsdall
> http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??

Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/
Yujin Robot: http://www.yujinrobot.com/
Embedded Control Libraries: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/redmine/wiki/ecl