[ros-users] Documenting third-party stacks/packages on the ROS wiki?

René Wagner rene.wagner at dfki.de
Mon Jul 5 16:37:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I believe I've seen a note about this on the wiki or the mailing list,
but now I can't seem to find it...

What's the procedure for documenting third-party stacks/packages?

I've just released a new stack "dfki_sscs_laser_drivers" containing
one package "rod4_node". Now, I'd like to put the documentation up at
ros.org/wiki/dfki_sscs_laser_drivers and ros.org/wiki/rod4_node
respectively. If I use the PackageTemplate to create rod4_node
I get an error message presumably because the wiki attempts to
auto-generate parts of the page from, e.g., the manifest.xml
of a package it doesn't know about.

I suppose new stacks/packages need to be registered such that this sort
of wiki magic works. Is a fully-blown repository required? What version
control systems are supported? SVN? Git?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Cheers,

Rene

Dipl.-Inf. René Wagner                     Junior Researcher
DFKI Bremen                           Enrique-Schmidt-Str. 5
Safe and Secure Cognitive Systems             D-28359 Bremen

Phone: (+49) 421-218-64224       Fax: (+49) 421-218-98-64224
Web: http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agebv/en/ReneWagner
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz  GmbH
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschäftsführung:
                                          Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
                                Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern                          HRB 2313