[ros-users] roscpp parameter remapping for nodehandles

Jonathan Scholz jscholz at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 8 18:12:17 UTC 2010

Hey all,
We have a set of parameters that will all live inside a namespace that isn't
known ahead of time.  We'd like to solve this problem by using a single
remap in the launch file that changes a default nodehandle namespace to the
correct string when it's constructed.
E.G.
<remap from="paramspace" to="our_task/params" />
nh = ros::NodeHandle("paramspace")
nh.get_param("local_param")

we'd like the node handle to resolve "local_param" to
"our_task/params/local_param".  Can remapping be made to work this way, or
does it only handle remapping during a query.  If not, what better method
exists in a case like this?

Thanks,
--Jon Scholz