[ros-users] Videre Stereo driver release

Antons Rebguns anton at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 9 06:39:43 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I'd like to announce an initial release of a driver for Videre Stereo
cameras. The driver supports both STOC and non STOC devices. Pretty much all
settings can be controlled through the dynamic_reconfigure GUI, these
include:

TF Frame
Processing Mode (for STOC devices)
Generic camera parameters (exposure, gain, brightness)
Stereo Processing parameters (uniqueness, texture thresholds, speckle size
and range)

There are a few parameters that are present but don't currently work, like
whitebalance and horopter settings.
There are no tutorials yet, if people are using it and have problems just
shoot me an email. I will be adding some documentation/tutorials fairly
soon.

Download location: ua-ros-pkg at http://code.google.com/p/ua-ros-pkg/,
ua_drivers stack, videre_stereo_cam package.
NOTE: The driver currently compiles only with the trunk version of
stereo_image_proc, hopefully these changes will be pushed into cturtle
release soon.

Thanks,
Anton