[ros-users] Malformed Line 1

Bill Tandy wtandy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:02:28 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I'm new to Linux, ROS, etc, but am making a valiant effort to come up to
speed.

When installing in 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) I get the following error:

"E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ros-latest.list
(dist)"

when running the command:

"sudo apt-get update"

When I navigate to the directory and open the list I see:

deb http://code.ros.org/packages/ros/ubuntu/lucid/main

which seems harmless enough to me.

Does anyone know what's going on?  I'm paranoid that it's going to be
something simple so I apologize in advance.  I did read many, many articles
and such before posting, but I'm coming up empty.

Thank you!

-Bill