[ros-users] old wg-ros-pkg/all external removed, please migrate

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Jul 19 21:33:07 UTC 2010

As we warned when we released Box Turtle, the wg-ros-pkg/all external
is no longer being supported. It is ill-defined now that we are doing
regular distributions, each with their own sets of stacks.

If you wish to still use SVN externals with a single URL, you can use
the automatically updated externals here:

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/externals/distro/

There are sets of URLs for each distribution, as well as sub-urls for
each variant within the distribution. These URLs are very similar to
the debian metapackages that we build for each distribution.

For example,

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/externals/distro/boxturtle/all/

would checkout all of the released boxturtle stacks, whereas

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/externals/distro/boxturtle/base/

would only checkout the boxturtle stacks in the 'base' variant, and

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/externals/distro/boxturtle/pr2/

would checkout all of the stacks in the pr2 variant, which includes
the base variant.

regards,
Ken