[ros-users] Ubuntu 10.04 ROS Installation

Sam Quintanar robosq at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 05:21:18 UTC 2010

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation/Ubuntu/  lists 2 ways to install Box Turtle, but the

Pre-compiled
 binaries link (which is recommended) has.... 1.1 Setup your sources.list file with a mirror for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid: C Turtle Only) where
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://code.ros.org/packages/ros/ubuntu lucid main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ros-latest.list'

is using "ros-latest.list". I want Box Turtle because it's more stable right?
Why isn't it using "ros-boxturtle.list" ? (correct way to do Box Turtle?!)

Why is it "Lucid: C Turtle Only" above?
Can I not get Box Turtle pre-compiled libraries for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx?

If so, can I still SVN (download-and-compile) install for
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx?

SamQ