[ros-users] remap for rosparameters

Travis Deyle beambot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:29:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a slick way to load the 2d_costmap from
/move_base_node/local_costmap (loaded by 2dnav) into my own Costmap2DROS (in
assisted_teleop's "costmap").  I imagine there is a slick solution using
remap, but it alludes me:

<launch>
  <!-- Launch the assisted Teleop with own yaml -->
  <node pkg="assisted_teleop" name="assisted_teleop"
        type="assisted_teleop" respawn="false" output="screen">
    <remap from="cmd_vel" to="cmd_vel_tmp" />
    <remap from="costmap" to="/move_base_node/local_costmap" />
    <remap from="planner" to="/move_base_node/TrajectoryPlannerROS" />
  </node>
</launch>

One solution that already works is to generate my own costmap / planner
using my own YAML files (vis-a-via the method used by assisted_teleop).
However, this seems to be a duplication of effort (maintaining a costmap
with different parameters when the 2dnav costmap is already running and
tuned).  Suggestions?

~Travis Deyle
PhD student @ Georgia Tech's Healthcare Robotics Lab