[ros-users] Servo Controller Board Problems

austen hagio hagio at usc.edu
Wed Jul 21 23:50:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm currently using 2 Pololu USB 16-Servo
Controller<http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/390>to control 18
servos in my robot. These controller boards have two problems.
My first problem is that once the node sending servo positions is terminated
and restarted, the LED on the board flashes red and won't receive the servo
positions. So, the only way for the board to work again is if I restart my
computer. The second problem occurs when certain servos suddenly jerk, for
some reason, and the LED on the board flashes red again. The only way around
this problem is also to restart my computer.

So I was wondering, is anyone else having these problems and if so, could
you me out?

Thanks,

Austen