[ros-users] people_experimental base planner

Enea Scioni enea.scioni at student.unife.it
Thu Jul 22 09:02:19 UTC 2010

Hi all ROS users,

In these days I'm working on PR2 in order to create a similar idea that the
people_experimental stack should do: following people into a crowded
enviroment.
We already did some tests and we're able to tracking and follow a person
properly, but I would like to figure out about which way the
people_experimental communicate/manage goal to Navigation stack because the
approach that we used doesn't satisfy us.
Watching the movie, my feeling is that the robot before track the person, or
better the person's path, and from this path it create a new, smoothed path
for the robot and then sending goals as checkpoints to Navigation Stack.
Anyway, I'm not sure if this approach is the approach used by
people_experimental..because another idea that I had is that
people_experimental could implement another base_global_planner.

Anybody can help me to figure out which approach was used?

Thanks!
Enea Scioni