[ros-users] cturtle action_server debug statements

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at mavt.ethz.ch
Sat Jul 24 10:54:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've just noticed two rospy.logdebug statement in cturtle
action_server.py and simple_action_server.py:
In action_server.py:314: rospy.logdebug("Status async");
In simple_action_server.py:306: rospy.logdebug("SAS: execute");

On my system, with my simple launch files and simple_action_server,
these two are making my logfiles grow to infinity, and makes my
action_server use 10% of my CPU while not doing anything.
I've commented them out for now, but is there a smarter way?

For information, I've also noticed that rosout is in general using
around 10% of my CPU with a slow harddrive (within virtualbox), but that
it goes down to 4-5% when putting the ROS_LOG_DIR in tmpfs. This might
be significant for embedded system logging on a flash-drive.

--
Dr. Cedric Pradalier
http://www.asl.ethz.ch/people/cedricp