[ros-users] Tf issue in Rviz

Nicolas Goossaert nicolas at shadowrobot.com
Mon Jul 26 12:55:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am having an issue with Rviz. I display some informations about my
robot with text Markers, and some of them are not displayed.

The problem is: when I show 3 informations for each motor, there is no
problem.
/
/When I show 4 informations for each motor, all the informations about
the first finger are not displayed and in the "Markers" section in Rviz,
this error appears
/
For frame [/srh/position/ffdistal]: No transform to fixed frame
[/sr_arm/position/shadowarm_base].
TF error: [You requested a transform that is 171.235 miliseconds in the
past, but the most recent transform in the tf buffer is 185.395
miliseconds old. ]

/I checked that all the joints' tf are treated the same way, so there is
no way the tf of the first finger could have been forgotten or have bad
settings.

I assume there is a problem of too many informations and not enough time
to treat them, but is there a way to solve this, increasing the size of
a buffer or something ?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas