[ros-users] unable to build gazebo on ROS

treanorj jenny.treanor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:24:26 UTC 2010

Hi John,

I have the same problem as Yatish above. I have tried all the suggestions
from the discussion but I am still getting the same error.

I went to
roscd ogre
and tried a
make wipe
make
but as Yatish was told I had it installed already (which I knew as I needed
it for the general installation of Gazebo for use with Player/Stage). Then I
found the OGRE.pc file and removed it, checked in my PKG_CONFIG_PATH and no
mention of any other source of ORE files there. Then went tried the make
wipe and make again, which worked fine, although with two ignored errors:

The first
"make[3]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/jenny/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/build/ogre-v1-6-3'
make[2]: [clean] Error 2 (ignored)
rm -rf ogre"

then the second
/usr/bin/install: `./media.cfg' and `./media.cfg' are the same file
/usr/bin/install: `./plugins.cfg' and `./plugins.cfg' are the same file
/usr/bin/install: `./quake3settings.cfg' and `./quake3settings.cfg' are the
same file
/usr/bin/install: `./resources.cfg' and `./resources.cfg' are the same file
make[6]: [install-data-local] Error 1 (ignored)

You asked previously for the svn details for the package:
Repository Root: https://playerstage.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/playerstage
Repository UUID: 55cc97c4-4627-0410-81d5-de40420c0091
Revision: 8290
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: hsujohnhsu
Last Changed Rev: 8290
Last Changed Date: 2009-10-15 00:31:54 +0100 (Thu, 15 Oct 2009)

Any help or pointers at all would be really really appreciated, especially
if I'm missing something blindingly obvious

Thanks