[ros-users] Upgrade boxturtle to cturtle... environment settings...

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:38:05 UTC 2010

Hi, all:

Recently, I upgraded boxturtle to cturtle, in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid.
Well, I just removed all the boxturtle packages and installed all the
cturtle packages from within Ubuntu 10.04 repository.

Now, all the commands in the tutorial "
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/NavigatingTheFilesystem" doesn't work
for me any more.
For example, let's try the very first command in the tutorial.
"jiapei at jiapei-laptop:~$ rospack find roscpp
No command 'rospack' found, did you mean:
 Command 'respack' from package 'moonlight-tools' (universe)
rospack: command not found"

I'm guessing there is a catch file somewhere (I really have no idea where it
is),
which remembers the default directory pointing to "boxturtle" directory,
which doesn't exist any longer.
The default searching directory should be the current cturtle one, say:
"/opt/ros/cturtle"

But, which are the files that I need to modify (upgrade) for new cturtle
settings?
Please give me a hand.

Best Regards
JIA