[ros-users] Strange "move_base" behaviour

Sven Olufs olufs at acin.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 27 21:26:47 UTC 2010

  Hi there,

I have a strange problem with the "move_base" module:

The CPU load is always 100 % (on a Quad Core Machine !) Is this normal ?
I can lower the control_loop_rate, but there is no difference at all in the runtime.
When I lower the update rate of the local_costmap to 2Hz i get 60% load...

I used the settings that are proposed in the "navigation tutorial", so nothing special..

I also get strange Warning like:
"Map update loop missed its desired rate of 0.5000Hz" for the global_costmap (6000x6000, 0.005m per pixel)
and the global_costmap never publish anything (using rviz)

The robot moves also very strange, i.e. stop-and-go behaviour, and seem to follow the path with a delay of 2sec !!

I assume it is the global map that consumes the computational power, but as far i understand it is only updated once (at the start)

Thanks for help in advance..

Sven

--
Sven Olufs, M.Sc
Research Fellow

ACIN | AUTOMATION&  CONTROL INSTITUTE
INSTITUT FÜR AUTOMATISIERUNGS-&  REGELUNGSTECHNIK
TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITÄT WIEN
Gußhausstraße 27-29 | 376. 1040 Wien
Tel. +43 (0)1 58801 - 37666
Fax. +43 (0)1 58801 - 37698