[ros-users] $PYTHONPATH in setup.sh (was: $PYTHONPATH in launch files)

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 28 14:21:59 UTC 2010

On May 28, 2010, Ken Conley wrote:
> > That only leaves one (slightly related) issue: The PYTHONPATH set up in
> > "setup.sh" when included e.g. in .bashrc. Is there a reason why that
> > should be completely reset to ROS' PYTHONPATH, and not appended like the
> > PATH environment variable?
>
> It probably could be changed. I'm not sure why it is set in that manner.

Sorry to nag again, but in the current cturtle the user's PYTHONPATH
variable is still overwritten in setup.sh instead of appending ROS' path
to it:

export PYTHONPATH=${ROS_ROOT}/core/roslib/src:${PYTHONPATH}

Was this forgotten, or is there a specific reason for it?

Cheers,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung                              Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornunga   Dept. of Computer Science