[ros-users] Actuating a wheeled robot URDF model in gazebo

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Fri Jul 2 17:13:36 UTC 2010

Hi Dave,

can you post more of the console outputs?  The warning you posted is to be
expected; as there are no transmissions in the erratic setup in gazebo, it's
using the gazebo_ros_diffdrive to control a differential_position2d
controller.  I am only using mechanism control stack to publish fixed
transforms as commented in the urdf.  Assuming things compiled without
errors, the demo should bring up gazebo and rviz with an erratic in the wg
world.

In your urdf, some of the visual elements and collision elements are
inconsistent, was it done on purpose?  I've attached one with minor
adjustments.  Also, with the current setup, without a laser sensor publisher
you will not be able to drive the pioneer3dx model using 2dnav stack.

hope this helps,
John