[ros-users] Tilting Hokuyo

Advait Jain advait at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 2 20:11:06 UTC 2010

Hi Sanja,

The hrl_tilting_hokuyo package combines the robotis and hrl_hokuyo
packages to make a tilting hokuyo.

Our specific hardware setup is described here:
http://www.hsi.gatech.edu/hrl-wiki/index.php/Tilting_Hokuyo

hrl_hokuyo is simply a python node that listens to the LaserScan message
from hokuyo_node. It currently does not support a URG but that shouldn't
be hard.

The servo would be the harder part. If you can write a ROS node for your
servo that presents the same interface as the robotis package then you
should be able to use hrl_tilting_hokuyo.

Advait