[ros-users] Problem compiling with camera1394 package.

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:52:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Renato Samperio
<mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> I am planning to adequate the camera1394 driver to obtain images from
> 1024x768_mono16 format in a Point Grey Bumblebee2 camera. I have tried to
> use the current driver but with this format is not possible to obtain
> images.
>
> In specific, I want to make a node from software provided by point grey by
> using "dev_camera1394" functionality. I already made a node of the library
> and examples provided by Point Grey, I need to make a ROS image and publish
> appropriately.
>
> Unfortunately, the camera provides specific resolution or modes (at least
> that is what I can see in Coriander) and I couldn't make use of current
> bumblebee node neither.
>
> Do you have any suggestion?

The first step is to understand the root causes of the problems you
are experiencing.

Do you know why the current bumblebee node does not work for you? What
does it do (or not do)?

The reason why camera1394 does not handle the BumbleBee is simple: it
was not designed to do that. It could probably be modified to work
with it, if necessary. Perhaps we could combine both nodes in some
future release. But, I don't have access to a BumbleBee, so testing
would be difficult.
--
 joq