[ros-users] Text-to-Speech

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Fri Jul 9 15:58:51 UTC 2010

Hi Travis,

sound_play is what we currently have. For now it uses festival for text
to speech. I have also noticed that espeak may be a viable alternative.
If you find an open source alternative to festival that you like, or a
festival voice that you prefer, let me know and I'll try to incorporate
it into a future version of sound_play.

Blaise