[ros-users] Text-to-Speech

Nicholas Butko nbutko at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:24:35 UTC 2010

Spefically, in OSX, the "say" program does text to speech. For example, in C, you can use

system("say hello world");

to make a program that says hello world. Check the man pages for more options -- you can set the voice, or have it output to a sound file rather than the speakers, for example.

--Nick