[ros-users] beginner logging question

Michael Styer michael at styer.net
Fri Jul 9 23:59:27 UTC 2010

Thanks for the suggestion, Jan. I just tried that now, and noticed the
'output' parameter to the node tag. If I set it to 'screen', I get my
debug messages on the terminal; if I set it to 'log', they don't appear
on the terminal, but they don't appear in rxconsole either.

I also just noticed that no messages from my node get sent to rxconsole,
regardless of level. Changing ROS_DEBUG to ROS_WARN still doesn't make
them appear. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the logging level.
I'll keep digging into it, but thanks for your help.

Mike