[ros-users] camera1394 - failure to start cameras

Kim Houck kim_houck at Yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 06:56:55 UTC 2010

  Eric,

     I tried the cameras on another computer with different
hardware(still running ubuntu lucid) and had the same problem.
Unfortunately the node doesn't die when the camera fails, it would make
life much easier if it did.

Thanks for the tips though, maybe the manufacturer can help, it sounds
the whole 1394 system can be a bit finicky sometimes, I never thought of
the 1394 card being part of the problem, but I've seen a lot of issues
with the Linux drivers.

-Kim