[ros-users] Shared object files (libroslib.so)

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at mavt.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 12 15:51:44 UTC 2010

On 07/12/10 17:48, ibwood wrote:
> It's still not working. I probably have to install the libraries or
> something, using sudo apt-get install. I was looking online but I couldn't
> find a command for the specified file.
>
> -Ian

Ian, it seems that you're trying to hack something by copy-pasting
libraries into some directories. This is not at all the way ROS is meant
to be used, and this is not a very maintainable solution.

You should rather add the right dependencies in your manifest to and let
ROS make the linking correctly. In particular, you certainly want to add
<depend package="roscpp"/> to your manifest file.

Best,

--
Dr. Cedric Pradalier
http://www.asl.ethz.ch/people/cedricp