[ros-users] Problem compiling with camera1394 package.

Renato Samperio mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:24:02 UTC 2010

Dear Jack,

Many thanks for your answers to both emails enquires. My apologise for late replying as I wanted to answer something reasonable to you and I can't work as much I would like on this interesting topic.

For answering your question about the current bumblebee2 node is not working for my camera is because it is using the previous version of camera1394 and the form of accessing features has changed. Also the current camera1394 is not able to deinterlace right and left images for the mode DC1394_VIDEO_MODE_1024x768_MONO16 or FORMAT7. Unfortunately, these are the available modes on the bumblebee2 camera I am using.

However and as you kindly suggested, I still can make use of some of the existant work on bumblebee node and the camera1394 driver for making my camera work. My application is not for a library API for IIDC camera but a driver that give me images.

It is my guess that I need to obtain raw ROS images on right and left topics.

Kind regards,

Renato.